Friday, June 25, 2010

You can’t fake a smile.

Last night, Eugene and I went to a networking event hosted by one of the local churches. It was a free event, and the even offered dinner – plus, it was a good opportunity for me to do some marketing for my job and Eugene to meet new people and try to find someone hiring.

After networking, we headed over to church to have our picture taken for the directory book. Eugene has always struggled to make himself smile on command {he usually ends up looking drunk, drugged, or in pain!}, but he’s really getting a lot better at it. Unfortunately, last night must not have been a good night for him to try because when we looked at the proofs, he turned to me and said, “Wow, sorry I’m so bad at this!” Needlesstosay, we didn’t  order any prints! I’m really just teasing, the smiles weren’t that bad, but I guess you just can’t fake a real smile.

Today, I know I should be happy it’s Friday, but I am feeling really burned out at work knowing that I have to work late tomorrow night, plus Eugene’s going to a Red’s game with his family. That leaves me with a to-do list of getting groceries, getting wedding gifts, taking the pup on a walk, and cleaning the condo. Get pumped for the rockin’ Friday night.

I’ve been struggling with staying positive and hopeful during these past few weeks. I read something in one of my email devotions this morning that seemed to fit well with what I’m feeling. I told Eugene last night, that I have been feeling like God’s presence is so far away lately…feeling very disconnected from the Vine. I know He’s always near, but I just haven’t felt it. Anyway, reading this reminded me the importance of focus and patience.

Choosing to focus on God's presence until His powerful peace is unleashed.

God, unleash your powerful peace on me please. I will work to focus on Your presence, but oh how I long to feel your powerful peace!  "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus," (Philippians 4:7, NIV).

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...