Thursday, June 17, 2010

Attempting to make contact.

Because I’m trying to be a good wifey, I agreed to go to Young’s Driving Range yesterday with some ladies from my small group at church to learn how to swing a golf club. I really don’t like golf – probably because 1) it’s an individual sport, 2) everyone watches you when you swing, 3) I’m really not good at it, 4) it’s stupidly expensive to play. Yeah, four’s enough reasons for me to stay away, but see, my husby has this “dream” that we’ll grow old together and retire and play endless rounds of golf with each other. His dream. And, I figured I can at least give it a shot {bahaha, get the pun?}

Anyway, I definitely wasn’t great, but I think I could get the hang of it with a few more practice nights. I had a few good shots…but mainly I had to focus on making contact with the ball {the fact that the club I was using was 6” too short for me didn’t help, but no excises!} And, I have to say, it wasn’t terrible. Frustrating, but not unbearable. ;)

Tonight, Eugene’s grilling chicken at my Dad’s house, I baked Italian Herb Bread, and I’m making sea salt baked potatoes and a funfetti cake. What’s the occasion? Well, I’m having dinner with a great high school friend of mine. I love her dearly; her strength and heart amaze me. She is getting married in December, and I finally get to see her ring & congratulate her on her engagement {enter, funfetti cake.}

4-50345051-0-0-1

She was one of my bridesmaids. Isn’t she pretty!? I’m really looking forward to dinner with her tonight.

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...