Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I have everything I need.

Clear, deep, blue skies today. It’s beautiful really. IMG00082

Blue skies remind me of two things – the blue skies on my wedding day, and one of the last things my grandpa said before heading to heaven, “The sky is so blue.” I think I’ve mentioned this before, but every time I seek skies like today, my heart beats a little deeper, my throat gets a little tighter, and my eyes begin to fill. Memories of my grandpa are precious to me. He was a man full of heart, energy, and laughter. I still remember the way he smelled, full-bodied coffee mixed with light cologne. I wish he had the chance to meet Eugene. I think they would have enjoyed each other. And, I really hope he would be proud of me today.

It’s super hot this week. Humid and steaming, so much so that the pup wouldn’t even leave the shade to play at lunch today. He’s usually pumped to go fetch a stick with me, but not today – way too hot out.

  IMG00083

Tonight, I’m going to learn how to swing a golf club with some of the ladies from my small group. Honestly, I don’t really want to do it, but I know Eugene really wants me to like golf. {It’s his dream to retire and go golfing together everyday when we’re old & gray.} So I’m going for him. And it makes me happy that he’ll be happy with me.

I’m working on not complaining this week. So far, so okay. It’s difficult, which then I get mad at myself that it’s so difficult! It has honestly made a difference in my attitude though…even though I still think complaints, not verbalizing them takes a bit of their power away.

I read something that caught my attention this morning in a Max Lucado book {Safe in the Sheppard's Arms.} The book’s topic is the 23rd Psalm, and this passage is on the “I shall not want” part.

“David has found the pasture where discontent goes to die. it’s as if he is saying, ‘What I have in God is greater than what I don’t have in life.’”

I also liked when he later said:

“All that stuff – it’s not yours. and you know what else about all that stuff? It’s not you…Jesus said, ‘Life is not defined by what you have, even when you have a lot’ (Luke 12:15 MSG).”

If you have the Sheppard, you have grace for every sin, direction for every turn, a candle for every corner, and an anchor for every storm. You have everything you need.”

That’s exactly right. I do have everything I need. Seriously, stop worrying so much. He is never early and He is never late. We will get that job and health benefits right when God knows we need them. Blindly trust Him.

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...