Thursday, May 19, 2011

Free fabric flower wreath.

Ever since I took down my girly Valentine’s Day wreath, I’ve had an ugly make-shift wreath up that makes me frown ever time I walk in our door. So last night, I decided that it was time to make something {without going to the store} to replace the existing ugly wreath under the logic that anything I made would have to be better than what I had lived with since February. And here’s my final {free} product:

IMG_2098

I knew I had some left over fabric from when I turned a shirt into a pillow and I also had another really old shirt that is waiting to be made into a pillow.

image IMG_2092

So without a real plan, I cut the sleeves of the shirts into strips, varying in width, depending on what sized flowers I had in mind…

IMG_2086

IMG_2093

Then I simply twisted the fabric {not worrying about the raveled ends}, and started to wrap it around itself in a circular pattern.

IMG_2087  

IMG_2090

My weapon of choice was the glue gun – some between the layers to secure them every so often, but mainly at the center of the flower and at the very end edge.

IMG_2089  

I repeated the process with different sized strips of fabric to create some smaller and thinner flowers, and some thicker and larger flowers too. 

IMG_2094

I even added some tiny seed beads and some buttons with some more hot glue for a few flowers’ center. And all that was left to do was to simply glue the flowers onto the grape vine wreath {leftover from my Fall wreath.}

IMG_2095

It’s not elaborate or fancy, but it’s cute & free. I love this wreath 10 times more than the make-shift, “I’m-moving-and-don’t-have-time-to-worry-about-a-wreath” wreath. ;)

IMG_2097

IMG_2099

No more frowns when I walk in my front door. Success. :)

signature4

Linked to:

 PhotobucketUndertheTableandDreamingThe Shabby Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...