Friday, May 27, 2011

Chocolate pudding cake recipe and making blankets.

Last night, our church small group got together to make three blankets for three students who are a part of our church’s Kid’s Hope program. The three children have been mentored by individuals in our church, and as their graduation present, they will receive fun fleece blankets. Our group volunteered to make the blankets.

We had lots of food & laughs while making the blankets…

 IMG_2386

There’s the random chocolate cake creation I made. It was a weird mixture of 3 recipes, but it was pretty tasty…more so this morning with my hot green tea!

IMG_2342

Recipe’s below, in case I decide to try it again sometime.

We were given the no-sew fleece throw kits, so our job was pretty darn easy. Lay out, cut, tie, eat too much junk food. {Check.}

IMG_2387

Here’s some riveting action shots…

IMG_2389

Eugene wasn’t feeling crafty enough to participate in the blanket making apparently, so he was the designated baby sitter for a while…

IMG_2390

Weird weather as usual; it was raining in the front yard of the house we were working at, but the back yard had zero rain. So strange. However, thanks to the odd rain pattern & a gracious God, we were blessed with a huge rainbow as a backdrop while we worked. {Wondrous thing.}

IMG_2393

IMG_2396

I had to borrow Griff from Eugene to get my baby fix for the evening…plus, he wanted to help with the blankets too!

 IMG_2400b

It was a fun evening with friends. Our small group has been such a blessing to me – what a wondrous thing to have friends our age who have great faith.

Okay, here’s the recipe. I’d recommend adding more oil next time, or maybe I baked mine too long. It seemed a bit dry to me.

Chocolate Pudding Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1/2 cup sour cream {I made this part up, but hey, it worked.}
1/2 cup vegetable oil {I’ll try 3/4 next time}
4 eggs
1 large packet of instant Chocolate Pudding mix
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup or more chocolate chips

 IMG_2320

Combine all the wet ingredients & whisk together…

IMG_2322

IMG_2321 

Add in the pudding mix & cake mix & whisk together really well. You could use an electric mixer if ya want…

IMG_2325

IMG_2326

Pour batter into your greased Bundt pan & bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Allow it to cool on a wire rack.

IMG_2328-tile

For the topping, I simply melted some semi-sweet chocolate chips & a little water over the stove to create a drizzle-able {I love making up words} chocolate topping.

IMG_2333 

Pour it over the top & enjoy…

IMG_2336

I’ll also melt more chocolate chips next time cause this topping was my favorite part.

IMG_2339

Hope ya’ll have a fabulous time off for Memorial Day weekend. I’ll be working a wedding ceremony and reception tonight & tomorrow. But I’m looking forward to a good Sunday & Monday away from the office!

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...