Friday, February 12, 2010

But the greatest of these is love.

So unfortunately, my Valentine's Day weekend won't be luxurious since I have a late meeting for work tonight, an event for work tomorrow, and Eugene has baseball camp until 7 Sunday. Still, I can't help but to be overwhelmed with thankfulness that I have my Valentine for the rest of my life. Valentine's Day tastes even sweeter as a married woman!

Last night, when we got home from watching the Cedarville basketball game, we let Espn lay on our bed with us as we did our devotions. He's so soft and cuddly...minus when he bites everything, I mean everything - my nose, my shirt, my pillow. It was still nice, felt like Jordan and I had a family bigger than just us. Dumb, I know, he's just a dog. But it still makes me think of that amazing time when (Lord willing) we will have children to lay on our bed and read the Bible to - instant deep-down-feel-your-heart-warm-up happiness!

Dad invited Jordan and me to lunch today. What a kind thing; he's so giving and genrous. I want to be more like that.

Oh, and my wondrous thing for the day? Well, I had to get bloodwork done this morning, and it just happened to be located right next to my favorite coffee shop, Coffee Expressions. I debated a lot (I hate spending money on myself), but decided I should treat myself. "Expresions Mocha" white chocolae, caramel, latte, a taste that brings an immediate smile and sigh. Mmm. A blessing in a cup!

My verse today is from 1 Corinthians 13. Jordan read this right before he proposed. I vividly remember him pulling his bible out of his pocket, hands shaking like crazy, and beginning to read the verses. His voice was so nervous, and my heart was jumping. He said he has tried to love me like that, and he wants to love me that way for the rest of our lives. He is and will always be my one and only Valentine.

1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.



4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.


13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

xoxo

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...