Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Words of Affirmation.

So my love languages are definitely words of affirmation and quality time. I'm feeling very conflicted right now. I just got great feedback from my boss about the progress I'm making for work, "now that we have you, we're actually headed in the direction we want to go" but I also have a new event on Saturday and a consultation on Sunday. Seriously, work 7 days a week. Ew. I'm such a homebody, family girl. I about cry leaving my puppy at home every morning. Stinks. I feel like I'm doing well at my job (new since October) but I also feel like it's seriously cutting in on my quality time with my boys (Eugene and Espn, of course.) Oh well, I've got to work, so I'll just keep swimming - as Finding Nemo instructs. Eugene loves this move and would hate that I'm typing that tidbit! HA~!


My devotional today was about Paul's hardships. I especially like the line about being poor but making many rich. Um, speaking to me? Yes, ma'm. I've been thinking a lot about the fact that Eugene and I will never have much money. (I know, never say never, but it's definitely not likely.) And again I'm torn, because I so stinking badly want to get rid of my college loans and not be a slave to them, but I also care way more about having a happy well-housed, well-fed family. I so want to be a stay-at-home mom when the time comes, and I am swallowing the fact that it's just going to mean we're poor. But (thanks God for the reminder) we may be poor, but we can make many rich. That right there = wondrous thing for sure. I'll keep focusing on making many rich, although we're going to scrape by...paying over $1,000 for our car repairs tonight...because it really doesn't matter in the Big Picture. I am so thankful I have that Big Picture - it's my hope. Praise Him for hope.

2 Corinthians 6:3-11 (New International Version) (ps I love http://www.biblegateway.com/)


Paul's Hardships


3We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. 4Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; 5in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; 6in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; 7in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; 8through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; 9known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; 10sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.


11We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians, and opened wide our hearts to you.


I also emailed Casey these cute pictures of baby girl headbands. Oh so darling! I want to make some of these for my niece-to-be. We'll see if it actually happens, but it's great in my head! She's going to be so stinking beautiful (with or without the headbands)! :) :)

http://www.dimplesanddandelions.com/zoom.asp?Product_ID=33196&Display=1

(this isn't from the same site since I couldn't get the image, but it's pretty much the same idea)


xoxo,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...