Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Is it really only Wednesday?

Today's post will be pitiful. I can already tell, because I'm...well...exhausted. I worked all day yesterday and then stayed for an event - we're talking 8 am - 9:30 pm, and then back this morning for another event today. So day 3 with a migraine and super busy and just a tad bit stressed. I know, stop my complaining.



Whenever I get complaining and venting like this, I always remember high school volleyball at Michigan State. We had to literally walk 20-30 minutes from one gym to the next, then to the dorm, then to they gym, then to the cafeteria, then to the gym, then to the other gym...well, you get the point. So my best friend, Libby, and I experienced each trip x10 with blisters covering our poor feet and fatigue pushing us to the edge of sanity. We found the verse in Philippians 2:14-18. I added my own emphasis, just to slap it across my cheek today!

14DO EVERYTING WITHOUT COMPLAINING OR ARGUING, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16as you hold out[c] the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. 17But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

Actually, now that I think about it, one of the blogs I follow wrote about this same exact notion. That we can take everything we do and do it for the glory of God.  Event the boring seemingly pointless tasks can give glory to him if we do so with a heavenly mentality. Another volleyball verse reference (sorry, can't help myself), every year I wrote on my vball shoe: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as working for the LORD not men." Cols 3:23. I could stare at that one for hours.

Yup, harder than it sounds. Seems like the simplest concepts can be the hardest. For example, "What you give will grow, and what you keep will be lost forever." Chris Speildman. Duh, but why is it so hard to give and easy to keep?

I'm going home to give my poor puppy some attention, lay on the floor, and get LOST with my husby. :) I love my little family.

xoxo

Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...