Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trust in the Lord with ALL your HEART

I think last night went well. I feel like the host of any gathering or event can never really judge how well their event actually goes. It's too hard to tell when people are appropriately kind and appreciative and you're too busy refilling nacho chips to notice if they're enjoying themselves anyway! Well, we did run out of food (after seconds...gotta love the awesome appetites of volleyball players!) which is always a good sign. We had shredded chicken sandwiches, fresh carrots and broccoli with ranch, salsa, chips, and of course brownies. I pointed that I drew a heart in the icing of the brownies, happy V-Day! I didn't take any pictures because (1) the food was pretty un-exciting...other than my generic heart drawing and (2) I figured I'd look pretty weird taking pictures of a convo about volleyball leadership, team dynamics, etc!

This morning, God gave us our "wondrous thing" early. Jordan was able to go to the doctor's office with me because his school canceled for the weather. Kind of crazy since the roads were fine by us...but that's just like God, showing the love. The appointment went fine. Just fine. I'm thankful that I trust the doctor, although I am honestly scared about it all. Well, scared might not be right. More so, I just plain don't want to deal with it. I know Jordan and I can handle it...anything. I know God will see us through. I just do want to take the trip. I'm tired of facing challenges, so I don't want to anymore. Pretty lame and apathetic, I know. But it's just how I feel. I will do it. I will keep facing challenges and relying on God for every tiny step, I just don't really want to deal with it.

Jordan gave me a lot of comfort when he said, "Nothing is going to stop God's plan. If He wants something to happen He's going to make it happen, no mater what the doctor decides or finds." Once I got to work, I found the verse in my email, "Trust the Lord with all your heart; do not rely on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5. Yup, ALL (not just some) of my HEART (it's not a brain thing, but deep in my heart, my soul). I'm learning it, or at least trying to improve a bit.

Our devotional last night was about how easy it is to not be content when you're blessed with plenty. So true. God has blessed Jordan and I way more than we deserve. I'm thankful for every second of it. Even the trials bless us.

On a happy note, tonight I may get to Skype and see my sister and soon-to-be neice! :) Oh JOY! I can't wait to see her belly, show her my growing puppy, and see her smile. I miss her tons, but I'm so proud of what she's doing in Tulsa.

xoxo

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...