Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hope does not disappoint.

I'm feeling quite a bit better today - not nearly as much pain in my stomach. Yesterday I was blessed with a phone call with each of my best friends: Casey and Libby. I'm so thankful for good friends who are connected to the Vine, honest, real, caring, and make me smile. They are both so supportive and encouraging to me. Friends make life a little less scary. :)

Eugene got a new battery for the loaner vehicle, so we're back to two working vehicles. My dad picked him up from work last night, and then his dad picked him up from the auto store where he got stranded while I was at my event. Dads make life a little less scary too!

Eugene and I finally sat down at 9:00 last night. We went straight to our bed to just lay there and rest. Puppy snuggled on the bed too (a special treat, we don't normally take him upstairs) until he got to annoyed and jumped off the bed. And, another blessing, Eugene actually slept well last night. Amen for Tylenol PM, ha!

Now that I'm actually feeling some-what normal, I need to tackle all the clothes I've shoved in my closet corner, iron Eugene's shirts, cook Tacos (Eugene's fav.), and clean up the kitchen. Oh, and finish by 9:00 for the new LOST episode! Woohoo!

I really relate to Romans 5:1-5 right now.

Romans 5
Peace and Joy

1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a]have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[b] rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we[c] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
 
 
I decided to change my desktop background to a flower picture. Come on home, Spring!
 
xoxo,
 
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...