Thursday, September 29, 2011

DIY tile coasters.

I was planning on making these fancy schmancy tile coasters that I saw on Pinterest to protect my $1 coffee table. I headed to Home Depot, and when I was looking at the different tiles they had, I realized they had a light blue and light green one that matched our living room colors perfectly. I picked up two of each color for $0.30 each, and reveled in the fact that the colored coasters meant much less work.

IMG_6050

I stopped at the Dollar Tree to pick up this pack of 36 cork pads for {big surprise} $1.

IMG_6051

Here’s where the geniosity kicked in {not really, it’s super simple.} Stick a piece of cork on each corner of the tile & you’ve got a super cheap coaster.

IMG_6052

IMG_6057

Our last coasters were these cheapy net coaster thingies that let all the sweat from the cold glass right through to my $1 coffee table. Not helpful.

IMG_6053

The tile ones are much better for my new table.

IMG_6056

P.S. you may have noticed I have lime in my water. I always ask for lime instead of lemon in my water. It’s sooo much better! :)

IMG_6055

You’ll have to try it and let me know what ya think!

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...