Monday, September 12, 2011

A wedding weekend.

This Saturday was September 10th. That’s 9/10/11 and brides go nuts over dates like that. From Friday night to Saturday night, we had four ceremonies and two receptions at my work.

IMG_5679

IMG_5691

IMG_5694

IMG_5717

IMG_5748

IMG_5807

IMG_5819

Wedding rant warning:

Everyone who hears that I’m an event coordinator automatically responds with, “WOW, what a fantastic & fun job!” But no one ever thinks of all the tough parts – working with people in super high stress situations {brides…and normally even more so, mother of the brides!}, working on weekends, evenings, and holidays, constantly hearing complaints with very few compliments. I like my job, and I love the creative aspect and the reward of watching a bride smile at her beautiful event, but I just felt like sharing this on my blog because I feel like people tend to be a bit too judgmental/critical of others’ weddings. {In my own opinion.} Next wedding you go to, take a second to realize that the bride and groom have paid plenty and given up quite a bit of time and effort to invite you to their celebration. It’s their day, not yours. If you don’t like the food, the décor, the set-up, it’s okay because it’s not about you. It’s about them. If you see some wedding staff at the venue or working for the catering company, thank them! It’s seriously hard work to set up, tear down, and provide service for a wedding ceremony and reception. HARD WORK. The people that work for me, leave at 2 am sweaty, sore, blisters on their feet, and completely exhausted for working so hard for the event. And probably 90% of the time, they’re never thanked by anyone attending the event. A little thank you goes such a long way.

Okay, rant over. Sorry – had to get it out there. ;) I was so thankful that each of the weddings & receptions went off without a hitch, and the weather was beautiful {despite a scary forecast of rain!}

I’m working from home today, enjoying some home projects soon to be shared here. I love being productive at home.

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...