Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas cheer.

We finally amped up our lame-oh Christmas decorations this weekend with a real tree. We were going to go cut a tree down ourselves, but when we saw the price tags of 50 bucks, we decided that Lowe’s $15 pre-cut trees would be a better option for us. :) Eugene picked the tree out, and he did a mighty fine job!

IMG_8311

The pup was eager to help…

IMG_8316

I cute some pine branches from our back yard to put in a vase on the make-shift mantle shelf, added some pine cones {also from outside} with some leftover ornaments, and I later {after I took this photo} added my DIY mercury-ish glass vase I made last year.

IMG_8323

Here’s the tree with the living room lights off…

IMG_8336

And the $10 Craigslist dresser & my gallery wall all lit up with color…

IMG_8337

And here’s the decorations the next morning with some daylight…

IMG_8363

I really need something to hang on the lonely blank wall, and the whole nonexistent light fixture thing is getting a bit tricky now that it’s dark at 5 pm.

IMG_8364

IMG_8365

I had to bring out the fun Christmas lights Fiesta Ware of course…

IMG_8366

IMG_8367

I’m feeling much more of the Christmas cheer now that our house smells of evergreen and is all light with tiny lights.

IMG_8370b

Merry Christmas y’all!

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...