Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas.

I had a lovely Christmas. I was really exhausted after all the places we went – Eugene’s family’s local, my family’s local, and we want to spend as much time as possible with everyone. My favorite parts of Christmas were without a doubt the Christmas Eve service and Christmas day church. I know for people with little ones, Christmas on a Sunday probably is super hectic, but for us this year, it was perfect.

I’m feeling the hormones mess with me a lot this week. I’m not sure if it’s nostalgia, missing my first baby & wishing I could hurry up and hold my second baby safe and sound, or just the usual emotions that come with major holidays. But any way, I was beyond blessed to have over two hours to be filled with encouraging and challenging words about the huge gift God’s given us & praising him with beautiful songs and hundreds of other voices around me singing to Him too. It was just what I needed. I would be so happy if that was all I did all Christmas – no gifts, no dinners, no parties, just praise.

image

This Christmas, for the first time, I really thought a lot about Mary’s role. Being newly pregnant myself, I just tried to imagine how Mary felt – unwed, anxious, humbled by God’s trust in her, in transition, tired from walking so many miles to the stable, scared to give birth, excited to meet her son, amazed to meet the son of God. So many feelings, it’s neat how all of that is summed up perfectly with, “But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.” Luke 2:19. It’s the perfect way to say it, treasuring and pondering in her heart. What an amazing experience.  Birth is amazing in itself, but the birth of a Savior is certainly something worthy of the highest celebration. I’m so thankful God gave such a gracious gift. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, friends!

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...