Sunday, June 30, 2013

The little one visits the pond.

We had to run to my parents’ place {they have 40 acres of farm land and a pond by their home}, so I begged Eugene to let me bring the pup with us. I grabbed my girl, the pup, and my camera and we headed out to enjoy a little piece of nature together.

My parents have planted some fruit trees. Apples…

IMG_5763b

Cherries…

IMG_5805b

Peaches…

IMG_5766b

They also have a few grape vines…

IMG_5809b

Isn’t it amazing how tiny vines can curl so tightly on their own…

IMG_5808b

There’s one tree that kind of sits near the back center of the 40 acres, affectionately called the lone oak…

IMG_5772b

When we got married on this land, I specifically asked our photographer to capture us with the lone oak in the background, and it’s one of my absolute favorite photos…

Okay, back to reality. The pup LOVES the pond. He loves swimming, chasing, diving, and running. He is in doggy heaven when we take him to my parents…

IMG_5771b

IMG_5775b

IMG_5789b

IMG_5776b

IMG_5796b

The little one isn’t so sure about large areas of water – pool, pond – not a fan.

IMG_5774b

IMG_5781b

Eventually she warmed up to it, and even ventured to squeeze some mud through her fingers. {The girl loves anything gooey.}

IMG_5794b

IMG_5786b

They had a little patch of wheat that had yet to be harvested, so I snapped a pic. I love wheat {you can see why from the photo from my wedding day above and read a hint of it here.}

IMG_5798b

IMG_5801b

Lastly, I snapped a few pics of bees & lavender on our way back inside. My parents keep bees {I’ve mentioned it here & here before.}

IMG_5812b

IMG_5818b

IMG_5823cb-horz

The little one loves being outside. And I love that she loves being surrounded by God’s creation, in pure beautiful nature. That makes my heart full.

*signature4

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your parents have it all! Their farm looks amazing. Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...