Saturday, June 1, 2013

No more bowling.

With many tears {zero} and a long farewell, I finally said goodbye to our disco/boomerang/bowling alley countertops and rusty porcelain sink. The moment these babies were removed, I filled my quota for “wondrous things” for practically the whole month! Please enjoy these photos of the boomerang countertops while you can. The first photo of the kitchen before we moved in…

IMG_4005

And the counters have hung around for way too long…

IMG_5237

IMG_5223

Remember when Eugene cut out some of the cupboards so we can have an oven rather than a cooktop?

IMG_8442-horz

Yeah, we’re finally going to fix that to make it look better!

IMG_5226

IMG_5229

IMG_5231

I despise this leaky faucet and disgusting rusty sink…

IMG_5236

Everyone probably already knows how to remove countertops {although I wasn’t completely sure} but basically ours were held in by some L brackets under the cupboards that I simply unscrewed. Then we just unhooked our faucet and sink and used some force to yank ‘em out…

IMG_5245

Ta-da!

IMG_5272

And just like our coyote & evergreen bathroom border, I gladly said “good riddance!” to our bowling alley/disco countertops!

IMG_5273

Next up, cutting the new butcher block counters!

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...