Thursday, June 20, 2013

Four years as one.

I’m so thankful for that perfect day, four years ago. I want to wish happy anniversary to my favorite blog reader & best friend, Eugene. What a journey we've traveled just in four short years!

wedding collage

We enjoyed a oddly timed meal out {we went at 3:30 in an attempt to avoid naps and meals for the little one}, a romantic shopping trip to Walmart, and ended with a sexy trip to Eugene’s high school coach’s office to look for softballs. Our concept of romance may have changed since becoming parents – we were just happy to have the bock of time to get some tasks done without toting a little one along!

While we enjoyed a dreamy evening walk on the beach at Walmart, I started to tear up as I saw yet another example of who Eugene is. A man riding an electric cart was checking out next to us, in fact, Eugene about backed into him by accident. After realizing the man was there, Eugene noticed the man had a heavy car battery in the basket of his cart. The man was struggling to stand up and attempting to lift the battery onto the check-out belt. Eugene quietly stepped over and lifted the battery onto the belt for the man. Okay, I know that’s not that big of a deal; anyone would have done that if they noticed. But Eugene didn’t start there, he slyly watched to see when the cashier finished ringing up the battery before he stepped in their line again to place the battery back in his cart. We finished paying for our items just a few minutes after the man, so as we were walking to our car, Eugene took a minute to walk to the man’s car {he was still sitting in his electric cart} to help him load his batter into his trunk. Simple enough, but that’s why I love him. He didn’t make a big deal, and it wasn’t a big deal. I love that about him.

bw dancing

I’ve come to realize this year, more than ever before, how rare a true Godly husband is. One who constantly strives to self-sacrifice for his family. One who admits when he messes up. One who cares more about what God wants him to do than his boss, friends, or family. One who isn’t ashamed to sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider 12 times in a row and make silly faces just to get a one-year-old girl to laugh till she snorts. He’s not perfect. Neither am I. We fight. We’ve each slept on the couch alone before. We make mistakes…all the time, but he’s my best friend, and I wouldn’t want to do this thing called life with anyone else as my partner. I won’t get too mushy on you. I’ll just say I know I have it good. I know I don’t deserve a blessing this good, but God, I’m so thankful for him.

signature4

1 comment:

  1. I've been enjoying reading about your kitchen reno, your little girl turning one(and what beautiful pictures), and now your anniversary and sweet thankfulness for your husband. I have one of those Godly husbands too, and your young marriage picture brought tears-even tho I don't know you. Because I too am grateful to The Lord for the man I am a helpmate to. May He continue to bless you, Missy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...