Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The little one is one year old.

A year ago today, the little one was just a half hour old. {See the birth story here.} Oh how much she has touched our lives in such a short time.

IMG_0919b

Eugene & I prayed that she would be a happy & healthy baby, and that God would use her to bring joy to people around her. It’s been incredible how He has answered that prayer to a “t.” She is funny, silly, affectionate, friendly, loving, intelligent, caring, and exudes joy. Everyone she comes in contact with seems to immediately grin & melt at her happy wave or lovable hug.

IMG_0215

IMG_0207

IMG_0206

I understand why moms say birthdays are bittersweet. Sad that time has passed so quickly, happy for the beautiful growing child. I’m mainly just overwhelmed with appreciation for a full year with my blessing. I feel like all is on loan to us from God, and He determines the length of time I get with those I love. I’m tearfully grateful for a whole year of getting to know my incredible daughter. She’s amazing, and this year is a pure blessing.

IMG_0938b

IMG_0220

IMG_0226

Thank you, God, for the her birthday. Such an answered prayer. Such an incredible gift.

IMG_0271

Happy first birthday to you, sweet Little One. You are a true joy.

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...