Thursday, November 10, 2011

Business trip to Shaker Village.

I had a busy two-day “brainstorm” trip for my work. A select group of us were asked to head to Kentucky to think through different ideas for a planned expansion at our work.

We first drove to Newport, KY and stopped at the Hofbräuhaus House to see their brewery and enjoy some lunch.

IMG_7291

IMG_7292

They had fantastic soft pretzels and bier cheese. Sooo good.

IMG_7293

Then we drove to Shaker Village of Plesant Hill. I learned a bit about the history of Shakers, got a quick tour of the property, and spent most of the time in a meeting room brainstorming with my coworkers. Here are some pics from the trip…

IMG_7300

This was a replica bedroom, but it was basically what the room that we slept in looked like also. Not super fancy accommodations {but the beds were TempurPedic, ha!}

IMG_7301

It was very autumnal outside. {That word choice is for you, Dad.}

IMG_7303

IMG_7304

Apparently, the Shakers were perfectionists and made spectacularly great brooms. You can buy them on their website. We watched a down and dirty demonstration on broom-making.  {HA, can you tell I’m tired?!}

IMG_7307

IMG_7309

IMG_7319

There was a random lone ox.

IMG_7321

IMG_7326

IMG_7318

So there you have it, the recap of my riveting business trip.

Oh, and I might have an even better trip coming up. I may or may not be seeing my niece in a few days!

signature4

1 comment:

  1. now come to Germany and I'll take you to the REAL Hofbräuhaus House! looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...