Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin carving.

Our small group got together this weekend for some chili, cornbread, puppy chow, pumpkin cookies, apples and caramel, and hot apple cider. YUM. We also sharpened our creativity and carved pumpkins.

IMG_6949

IMG_6952

My least favorite part…the slimy guts.

IMG_6954

With the help of my friend, Libby {she pretty much did it all for me}, my approach was the lazier version of carving – poking holes in my pumpkin with a hammer and a screwdriver. Check out the ghost of a hammer in the picture below…

IMG_6955

IMG_6959

Here it is lit inside…

IMG_6960

And this young woman just dominated the carving contest. She did this free-hand! I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this isn’t her first pumpkin.

IMG_6961

I was thoroughly impressed with the skill level of our group. Some seriously good pumpkins!

IMG_6982

Here’s the dark shot…

IMG_6967

Here’s mine on our front step…

IMG_6994

And lit at night…

IMG_7022

It was a fun time for sure. :)

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...