Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thirty-two weeks.

I’m now 32 weeks pregnant. My belly’s big, and I find myself underestimating my size – particularly during events at work when I try to squeeze through a small space and realize I can no longer fit! I think it’s funny that I can watch my stomach grow for 32 weeks now, but I still forget that I’m not my normal flat-tummy self!

The past two weeks haven’t been great for sleep. I wake up at 3:30 or 4:00 AM on a regular basis and can’t fall back asleep. Somehow I’m still managing to function on very little sleep; maybe my body’s learning to cope now before the little one comes and is up all night. :)

32 weeks

I didn’t have too many cravings. I asked for Philly Cheese Steak subs for a family/birthday dinner, but that was partly because my dad is a better cook than I am & he makes really good subs!

I’ve had what feels like a ton of Braxton Hicks contractions the past week or two. Some are as close as 4 or 5 minutes apart, but they never become regular in timing so my doctor said not to worry. I’ve read that they’re your body’s way of “practicing” before the real thing, and the doctor told me today that some people believe that they function to bring more blood flow to your baby. Interesting stuff.

I’ve also had a lot of foot cramps. That’s just because I’ve had a lot of events for work. Dress shoes = foot pain. Eh, I’ll take it in exchange for a daughter, no problem!

According to the internet, she’s about 4 lbs. now. I’m still carrying her really low, and some days it seems like she’s trying to rest even lower {if that’s possible!} She’s running out of room in there, so she’s a bit less active now. She much prefers my right side. My belly’s always lopsided, but I love seeing her presence.

Eugene & I have been going to birthing classes at the hospital. This week will be our last one {on cesarean sections & touring the new hospital.} It’s fun to actually plan on her arrival. Just eight or so more weeks until I get to see my pretty girl. I am so looking forward to that day!

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...