Monday, April 16, 2012

The little one’s first shower.

My amazing sister flew into town to thrown me my first baby shower. It was a perfectly darling shower, and I loved every minute of it!

The shower invites said something to the effect of, “Come celebrate as a new chapter is beginning,” and the shower’s theme was books. {So adorable!} My sister asked me to make sure I explained that this wasn’t her original idea…she found some inspiration on the web for the theme.

IMG_0217

The banner of some favorite children’s books…

IMG_0230

IMG_0220

We were able to reuse the pendant banner I made for the gender reveal party

IMG_0218

IMG_0266

The favors for the guests were fresh cookies to go – reminiscent of the “If You Give a Mouse A Cookie” book & the sign hinted that they could enjoy the cookie with their favorite Sunday read {The Napping House inferred.} How cute!

IMG_0231

The rest of the food selection fit perfectly with the theme too…

IMG_0237

Cheese & crackers – the hungry caterpillar, popcorn – the popcorn book, muffins – if you give a moose a muffin, veggies – peter rabbit, jellybeans – jellybeans for breakfast, French bread – the little red hen, quiche – green eggs & ham {not pictured}…

IMG_0239-tile

Fruit pizza with strawberries – the big hungry bear, blueberries – blueberries for Sal, and goldfish – the rainbow fish. Oh, and aren’t those pink dress napkins cute! {My sister & brother-in-law made them.}

IMG_0246-horz

I look really gross in all the photos, but I was so glad to get to visit with my friends. This is my roomie from college…

IMG_0250

The game was finding alternative names for children’s books, like “Unsightly Aquatic Bird” is “The Ugly Duckling.” My aunts were really getting into it!

IMG_0252

My beautiful sister & niece dressed in coordinating colors {orange & blue}…

IMG_0255

Oh, and the guest book for everyone to sign was a children’s book…

IMG_0234

I love the hostess…

IMG_0258

These women are so generous & supportive…

IMG_0264

IMG_0267

See what I mean by generous?! The little one got some super nice stuff!…

IMG_0268

My cousin made this impressive play mat that has peek-a-boo blocks to lift up to see patterned fabric. Seriously cool…

IMG_0269

My great-aunt Bert crocheted the little one a beautiful blanket. So special…

IMG_0271

This is my lovely grandma Goldie…

IMG_0272

A bunch of the women on my mom’s side :)…

IMG_0273b

IMG_0276

It was a wonderful, perfect shower. I’m so thankful for all the planning, money, time, and effort that went into throwing and attending it! The best way I can describe it is wonderfully overwhelming.

I was a little jealous of Cate’s nap afterwards! ;)

signature4

2 comments:

  1. How precious - great memories and lots of love for your sweet baby girl and you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that theme, what a great idea!! Your little girl will be well read, I'm sure. ;) Also, your niece is darling.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...