Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas gatherings.

This Christmas was a rough for the one. She ran a temperature of over 102 at one point on Christmas day, and she just wasn’t herself – throwing up, tired, crying lots, not taking her bottle, clingy, just generally unhappy. I thought for a while that she was just teething {no teeth yet}, but the day after Christmas, it became clear that she was suffering from more than just teething. Her pediatrician said it’s just a virus, so we’re still riding it out. {Prayers appreciated for a quick recovery.} We caught a few glimpses of my happy little girl over the holiday, but for the most part we saw a lot of this…

photo (14)

photo (11)

photo (13)

We have big families, and local families, which translates into many Christmas gatherings. The first was my mom’s family….

IMG_3318

This was the weekend before Christmas, so the little one was still feeling decent…

IMG_3319b-horz

photo (3)

My sister made gifts for my uncle & cousin that were toy car back rub shirts for their three little boys. Super cute…

IMG_3330

Next up was the annual Christmas Eve breakfast at Eugene’s family’s house. I am so blessed to be a part of his family. Love these guys. {So much.}

IMG_3364b

Ahh, baby jeans & ruffle socks. :)

IMG_3349b photo (1)

We opened gifts from the siblings on Christmas Eve. I received an amazing gift from Eugene’s sister: a calendar with scripture and my photos on every page. {Brought me to tears.}

photo (2)

She was so cute opening her gifts…

photo (4)

And even cuter napping in her “first Christmas” shirt…

IMG_3381b

Later that evening, we had our candle light Christmas Eve service at church. There’s something pretty incredible about a church full of individuals holding burning candles, lights dimmed, and everyone singing acapella “O Holy Night.” {He is truly light in a very dark world.}

photo (5)

Here’s our annual Christmas Eve family photo. The dog’s in it; he just wasn’t super cooperative…

IMG_3386b

And of course, the cousins had to pose in their pretty dresses…

IMG_3391b

After Christmas Eve service, my family came over, and my dad read Twas the Night Before Christmas and we opened our annual pajama gift from “Santa’s Elves” {aka my mom.}

She’s such an awesome present…

photo (7)

Christmas morning, we sang happy birthday to Jesus and read Luke 2.

photo (8)

Opened stockings…

IMG_3426b

IMG_3423b

Opened gifts. This year, I did four gifts: something she wants, something she needs, something to wear, and something to read. {Saw the idea online.} I liked the structure of it because it kept me from going overboard and also missing the purpose of Christmas.

IMG_3428b

The pup was pumped for his stocking loot…

IMG_3436b

Once we finished our Christmas morning, we headed to my parents’ place. Can you spot the spoiled loved grandkids? ;)

photo (9)

From my parents, we headed to Eugene’s grandparents’ and from there to Eugene’s parents’. By that time, the little one was in full-fledge fever mode. Poor thing was stripped to her diaper to cool her off, but she still managed to {kind of} enjoy opening her gifts…

photo (10)

We were blessed with so many wonderful, generous gifts…

IMG_3472b

But this is by far, my favorite gift this year: my family.

photo

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14 {GOD WITH US!}

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...