Saturday, February 22, 2014

For the Joy set before him.

Week #4 of memorizing scripture.

Hebrews 12_1

This was my pick, and I can’t recite this one without out having to stop after “For the joy set before Him, He endured the cross.” It makes me cry every time. I can’t help but to pause and say, “THANK YOU, GOD!” I mean really, consider that. Enduring the cross. Scorning its shame. That was joy to Christ. Joy. Do we really get it? How can I not have joy if Jesus, who was beaten beyond recognition – you couldn’t even tell who he was – found joy dying for me. Dying for you. Really, what can I face that’s worse than that. And even if I’m facing the lowest of lows, the very bottom of the pit, I can still find joy because He found joy in the cross. His death, His resurrection – that’s how I get to have joy in everything, no matter how low or how bad it may be.

“Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinners so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.” God cares how you feel, and His son reminds you that there is always a reason for joy. Always a reason to not grow weary and lose heart. Ah, so amazing.

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...