Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Church Picnic.

Our church holds a yearly “All Church Family Picnic” around the time of the Fourth of July. I helped a little in some of the planning, so it was even more fun to watch people enjoy it this year. We estimate almost 500 people attended, and it was a seriously good time!

Brace yourself for tons of photos!

So much food…

IMG_5887

Wheelbarrows lined up and ready for the infamous wheelbarrow race…

IMG_5889

Amazing food & fellowship…

IMG_5890

Sweet little boy giggles. I think the girls missed the joke…

IMG_5897

My girl loves playing with a ball. One of my volleyball friends saw the middle photo below and commented “solo block!”…

IMG_5902-horz

Water balloon toss…

IMG_5906

And the previously mentioned wheelbarrow race…

IMG_5910

IMG_5912

I always capture the funniest expressions when I take pictures of this race! {Check out last year’s here.} This is our Youth Pastor & his wife…the winners!

IMG_5917

And this is our head Pastor…

IMG_5919-horz

There’s also a grudge match of tug-o-war between the Elders & Deacons…

IMG_5931

IMG_5933

IMG_5934

Snow cones…

IMG_5941

And Eugene led a homerun derby too…

IMG_5938

The little one had an absolute blast running around everywhere, waving at everyone, and watching all the crazy activities…

IMG_5925

I thought this was a neat pic of the little one in light of Independence Day…

IMG_5930b

And the picnic concludes with an incredible fireworks show. I ended up taking the little one home, putting her to bed, then heading back {while Eugene’s brother & fiancé stayed at our house}, so I was too rushed to grab my good camera for the fireworks, but my friend posted this pic on her instagram…

photo-1

So beautiful - the fireworks, the friends, the fellowship. It’s all so beautiful.

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...