Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hanging glass knobs and vases.

I’ve had this project in my head for probably every bit of a year now. In our living room, we have one blank wall that is perpendicular to our gallery wall so I’ve struggled with finding something that would work well on this wall while not competing with the busy photo wall in the same room. I thought these colorful glass knobs {all purchased at Hobby Lobby either on sale for 40% off or on clearance} would be a fun accent to the room.

image_7

Originally, I wanted to {somehow} affix the colored glass knobs straight to the wall as hooks; however, that “somehow” never quite worked out. I purchased these wooden plaques, spray painted them antique white, and nailed metal hangers onto the backs…

IMG_2710

IMG_2712

Next, I drilled a hole in the center of each plaque for the glass knobs…

IMG_2713

IMG_2715

Then I used my typical paper template method to determine where to place them on the wall {blurry cell pic, sorry}…

image

Anchors and screws and then I was done!

image_2

I used some basic twine and my $0.79 Ikea vases to finish it off…

SNÄRTIG Vase IKEA

image_4

I plan to use single flowers, leaves, wheat, etc. in the vases, and I may even hang stockings from these come Christmas time.

IMG_3622

IMG_3624

IMG_3625

IMG_3626

IMG_3627

I think the glass pastel colors compliment my new vintage plate wall nicely…

IMG_3537b

IMG_3628

IMG_3629

I think it’s a bit too “out of the box” for Eugene’s tastes, but he’s nice enough to let me keep ‘em. :)

signature4

1 comment:

  1. This is so neat! I have a random coat hanger that was painted a turquoise blue and had different color knobs on it, and I had no idea what to do with it... now it do! Thanks for the great idea. I'm going to put some flowers in the vases and see how it turns out.

    Thanks again, Emily J (a new reader, just found your blog today!) LOVE all you've done, especially the painted faucet!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...