Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas outings.

Wow, it’s been a while since I last blogged. I’m totally struggling to find time for anything other than the necessities lately. I found out I had a rib out of place, pleurisy & chondritis after a fun trip to the ER this week. Let me tell you, those are super painful issues! Both resulted from my upper respiratory infection a few weeks ago, and there’s really not much you can do to treat them other than rest and treatment for the pain. I’m still dealing with pain, but definitely feeling better. Deep breaths {although they hurt} really helped the most.

Okay, so I apologize for my absence, but hopefully I can get healthy and get back to blogging regularly again!

On to the fun stuff – we attended a local church’s Christmas event that included a live nativity, real camels, chocolate dipped pretzels, crafts, Santa & Mrs. Clause, and free photos. They had a ton of kind, patient volunteers. Such a generous way to show God’s love to the community during the Christmas season!

IMG_8274b

The girls made little wooden heart ornaments with a baby Jesus wrapped in cloth.

IMG_8278b

The little one’s face in the pic above cracks me up! The camels pretty much terrified her!

IMG_8282b

The live nativity was neat, but the little one was still pretty scared of the camels. ;)

IMG_8285b

She got much happier once we were back inside…

IMG_8291b

And of course, the little one rarely left her big cousin’s side. They are bffs for sure.

IMG_8293b

Cate was a pretzel-dipping pro…

IMG_8297b

And Griff even got in on the action…

IMG_8300

The little one, however, just wanted to eat her pretzel sans chocolate…

IMG_8304b

She loved clapping and dancing while the carolers sang…

IMG_8308b

We wrote letters to Santa {aka put stickers and scribbled on a paper.}

IMG_8313b

We even got some photos to take home. Unfortunately the girls were not fans of Santa. {At least they liked the nativity…matters way more anyway! ;)}

IMG_8324b 

The mommas look a little worn out from long days at work, but the girlies look as cute as ever!

IMG_8321b

We had fun making memories!

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...