Sunday, March 24, 2013

Random happenings.

This is basically my Instagram feed from this weekend, so if you follow me there, sorry for the redundancy. I’ve been chipping away {pun intended} at painting the wood doors and trim in our living room. I know I’m strange, but I find it therapeutic to paint. {It’s the prep work and clean-up that I’m not keen on.} I actually got quite a bit of painting done this week/weekend and only got paint on the little one once – a little drop on her leg.

image

Eugene normally does bedtime stories. He’s better at it than I am, and I feed her usually so it’s a daddy-bonding time. Some nights though, when he’s away coaching, I get the honor of reading her a story. I like to pick this one. It’s one of my favorites. I’ve read it to her for longer than I’ve held her in my arms; I wonder if she remembers it from inside my belly. “It’s time to sleep, my love, my love. It’s time to sleep, my love…” {She is my love.}

image_1

The little one had to go to the pediatrician one day this week, so Eugene took off work to take her. We had breakfast first together – my wondrous thing…

image_2

In keeping with the food theme, I made some lasagna roll ups. I saw a few recipes for them on Pinterest. I simplified it, just cooked noodles, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and sauce. So easy, and they were delicious! I also like that I can make just a few of these rather than a whole, huge pan of lasagna.

image_3

I’ve been feeling pretty overwhelmed at work lately. We’re gearing up for busy season…almost wedding time. I’m still trying to balance work with family, and it’s still just as hard as when I first became a mom, but I really doubt that I’m the only one who finds herself in this continual struggle.

image_4

Speaking of work, I had an event to work Friday evening. I made it home just in time to give the little one her bath {another wondrous thing}. I love the warm, towel cuddles.

image_5

Saturday morning, my sister, niece, the little one and I went to a second-hand kid’s sale and scored some great finds. Later that evening, we had Eugene’s brother & his fiance over . A cute/funny proposal took place between brothers – Eugene is officially the best man in his brother’s wedding. He’s been a groomsmen six times, but never a best man. Now’s his time to shine. ;)

image_6

Sunday afternoon I was folding laundry, and I flashed back to a day not too long ago when I was crying folding my own laundry and praying that God would give me little laundry to fold one day. My heart was so hurt from our loss, but I just prayed that someday we’d become parents. I’m so thankful He answers prayers…

image_7

Sunday night we enjoyed dinner with my best friend, Libby, her husband and two boys. It was so cute to see Eugene with little Brooks…they have the shaved head in common. I’m really thankful for such a great friend and her family. It’s been fun watching our families grow over the years…

image_8

We had a full and fun weekend!

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...