Monday, January 6, 2014

Living room update.

Having a one and a half year old and a big dog aren’t easy on rugs. The last rug I had was too small for the room, and it also didn’t clean up well. The room’s changed just slightly since I first bought the rug.

IMG_9579

The past year or more, we’ve gone rug-less in the living room, and I’ve been looking for the right rug {in my budget} for quite some time now. Libby & I took a girls trip to Garden Ridge in hopes to finally purchase a rug. The rug below was my first choice. It was close to an 8x10, but was only $100! After some considerations, the fact that it was low pile and the background was an almond color {shows dirt easily}, I decided to keep looking.

photo 1

I settled on a medium bluish grey rug that’s a high pile shag. Eugene loves soft comfy rugs, and he was the biggest proponent of getting a new rug so I thought he’d be a happy with my choice.

photo 2

I also brought home a nice soft shag rug and some fart {faux art.} ;) The blues, yellows, and greens in the canvas tie in the kitchen color scheme nicely.

IMG_5368b

So here are the rug and canvas in place…

IMG_8557b

IMG_8546b

This is the view from the dining area into the living room. On an unrelated note, we finally filled in the floor gap from when we had the half-wall removed. Next on the list – new kitchen flooring, or at the very least, a transition strip. I hadn’t planned on going with grey for a rug. I’m really not a grey girl – or a neutral girl, for that matter. Go figure, my living room is full of tans, whites, and now grey. I see some bright, bold throw pillows, maybe even a colorful bunting in the near future.

IMG_8548b

I like the soft yellow, blues, and greens make it slightly serene. Serene is always good for a full-time working Coordinator and also stay-at-home momma with a toddler. Yep, I’ll take all the serene I can get.

IMG_8545b

Here’s a close-up of the rug. It’s so soft and comfy. The pup is in heaven; he hated the slippery wood floor, so now he’s content as can be just snoozing on the rug.

IMG_8551b

I love that the art coordinates well with the River Reed green paint color from the kitchen. Even looks smooth with the plate wall.

IMG_8552b

IMG_8556b

I can’t decide if I want to hang the canvas or keep it leaning. If I hang it, I may remove my vinyl phrase. I also want to dream up some re-do plan for the fireplace hearth extension. Thoughts anyone? I still have some green mosaic glass tile leftover from our kitchen backsplash, but I think that might be a bit much.

My total came to $214.50, and I had a $100 visa gift card from a wedding I worked, $40 from a Christmas gift, and a 10% coupon so my out of pocket expense was only $53.05! Yay for a room upgrade well within my budget!

So, what do you think? Like my fart? ;)

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...