Monday, January 20, 2014

Closer to two.

How can you not smile at this face?

IMG_8605b

She’s over 19 months old. For non-parents, that’s over a year and a half! {Why is it that parents talk in terms of weeks for pregnancy rather than months, and months for babies rather than years? I never understood that!} It’s crazy to think that she’s closer to two than one now. Oh, I’m loving her sweet, spunky, sassy, loving personality! I’ve been seriously slacking in the blogging department lately, but honestly, I don’t really feel bad about it. I’m busy living life with my family, working hard, and {trying to} be present in the moments. That doesn’t leave much time for photos, editing, writing, and blogging, but at the same time, I don’t want to get to kindergarten registration and have no record of the happy, big moments. So here’s a quick catch-up on the little one. {I think I’m going to have to come up with a new blog-name for my girl…she’s not quite so little anymore!}

It was warmer today {above freezing}, so we bundled up to burn some energy outside while shoveling the driveway. She loves putting on her hats. Miss independent.

IMG_8570b

IMG_8580b

IMG_8583b

She’s such a happy, easy-going girl. Just like she was as a baby. I love that she takes after her very “chill” daddy.

IMG_8582b

She’s still waiting on a few more teeth, but most are in now. You can’t tell in these pictures, but her hair is getting really long too. It’s about shoulder length – really makes her look less like a baby and more like a little girl.

IMG_8585b

IMG_8592b

She is all about trying whatever she sees someone else doing. Momma shovels, she shovels. Momma coughs, she coughs. Momma folds laundry, she “folds” laundry. It’s so fun to watch her little mind be challenged with each new activity she insists on trying. And I’m continually amazed at her ability.

IMG_8590b

Her newest thing is saying “CHEEEEZZE!” anytime she sees a camera or phone. I guess we’ve entered the fake toddler smile stage. It’s still pretty darn cute if you ask me. :)

IMG_8598b

She’s also very stubborn. {Probably gets that from me, unfortunately.} If she wants something, its very difficult to persuade her otherwise. I try hard to find a balance of encouraging her independent thinking but also maintaining strong, clear parental veto power. {I sound crazy here, don’t I?!}

IMG_8600b

She has a serious silly side to her. She likes to sneak up behind people – usually her dad – and surprise/scare them. She and her auntie like to make silly faces back and forth, and she thinks it’s funny to make some really odd noises.

IMG_8605b-tile

If she’s eating something she likes {i.e. chili, hummus, cheese, crackers, pretzels, cereal} she will eat like a sumo wrestler. No kidding, this girl can eat an adult portion plus some of chili. She’s not so good at eating healthy, fresh food, but we’re still working on that.

She has quite an extensive vocabulary. She’s strung a few words together to make phrases, but for the most part the words are usually used singularly. Skip past this part if you’re bored…some of her words {other than names and animal sounds} include: ball, cat, baby “bebbies”, sleep, eat, cracker, arm, bath, book, Bible, milk, cheese, down, up, help, poop, ice, rock, apple, hot, ouch, door, dip, bowl, yep, no, go, dark…the list goes on. I’m excited for when she begins speaking even more. I can tell we’re on the cusp of it because she’s getting really frustrated lately – like temper tantrum frustrated – when she wants to say something but just can’t figure out how.

She’s great at independent play, but she much prefers to boss willing people around to play with her {namely her Nana and her Grandma!} Her favorite toy is her baby, but her favorite activity is probably listening to music {I Saw the Light by David  Crowder & Speak Life by TobyMac are her requests.} She sings, but that deserves a post of its own. She’s currently obsessed with Dr. Seuss books. I’ve read Mr. Brown Can Moo and Green Eggs and Ham around 15 times each day the last week! She also loves to go to Eugene’s school. She plays in the gym, walks the halls, climbs the stairs, waves at people, and watches a variety of sports games. It’s her little slice of heaven.

This has been such a fun ride, and I feel so privileged to get to ride it. I can’t wait to see how much more I can add to all this as she begins to head into toddlerhood. I have a feeling she’s going to be quite the two-year-old!

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...