Sunday, November 25, 2012

Giving thanks.

As always, we had a very busy, family-filled Thanksgiving. This holiday is Eugene & my favorite holiday, and this year, we had so much to give thanks for {mainly, this little turkey}…

IMG_2939b

The little one had some quality cousin time on the way to Columbus. {I love this girl.}

image

And she loved playing in the leaves. I promise, this photo wasn’t posed…

IMG_2921b

We ate a Thanksgiving lunch with my mom’s side of the family. I made baked brie with cranberry sauce and crescent rolls…

image

The little one was very good, playing with her little book most of the time…

image

And then she took a little nap on Grandma…

image

Next was an hour drive followed by a Thanksgiving dinner with Eugene’s mom’s family. Forty-one people all seated in one room together. This is such a special time for us. Eugene’s grandpa leads communion, reads the Bible, gives everyone the opportunity to share a prayer of gratitude, and then we enjoy dinner. It’s real Thanks-giving, in my opinion. I’m not sure if we’ll be blessed with this type of set-up next year, so I’m especially thankful that Aela’s first Thanksgiving included this tradition.

photo-32

I made my favorite cranberry, pretzel, sweet potato casserole and a new bread machine roll recipe {which I’ll share later cause it’s a keeper!} Yum!

image

The little one slept peacefully through the entire quite part of the pre-dinner traditions, and she woke up with some wild hair…

photo-33

I couldn’t help but cry just thinking about the family around the table {at both Thanksgivings} who prayed for our little one during my pregnancy and once she arrived. I am SO THANKFUL for all who covered my little family in prayers.

photo-34

She is my answered prayer, and for that I am eternally thankful.

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...