Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Big wedding weekend.

About two weeks ago, I had a huge wedding weekend for work. I worked 21 hours in just two days – planning, coordinating, and damage-controlling a rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and reception for the great grand niece’s daughter of Wilbur & Orville Wright at their home. It was challenging in the sense that the house wasn’t made for weddings {the only other wedding was in the 1920s of another Wright descendant, and I’m guessing there wasn’t 200+ people there.} It was also a bit challenging because we had to flip the ceremony area and turn it into a reception area while the guests were still onsite. Both nights of the event were outside, and the weather was scary: 75% chance of thunderstorms predicted. I prayed and prayed, and asked my family to pray for good weather, and God blessed us with a perfect, beautiful day.

photo

IMG_1667b

The wedding was personal and casual, yet full of grace and class. I’m also partial to sunflowers in a wedding {see why on my wedding page.}

IMG_1674b

IMG_1679

IMG_1683b

The ceremony was very cool – a few friends and family of the bride & groom speaking about the past, present, and future of the couple’s relationship.

IMG_1687b

IMG_1686b

IMG_1691b

And here’s the ceremony area flipped for the reception. Took us 17 minutes to complete the flip. I’m not going to be humble here; I was really pumped that we completed it that quickly while the guests were all still there.

IMG_1694b

IMG_1695b

It looked like something out of a movie once the sun set and the Mamma Mia lights started shining. So pretty.

photo

photo

What a relief that all went smoothly. It was a fantastic event, and I’m very thankful to have had the opportunity to play a role in it!

signature4

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am an event coordinator as well, so I can completely relate to this kinds of weekends! Great photos of a gorgeous event.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...