Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Improvements for the incoming & out going

First, not on the house topic, our small group finished discussing the book Crazy Love last night. I’ve talked about it quite a bit on the blog {here, here, here, here, here, & here.} Francis Chan brings up great points and challenged me constantly throughout the book, but the biggest point I walked away with last night was under a section in the last chapter titled “ Is This What I Want to Be Doing When Christ Comes Back?” {the title alone is enough to make me re-think my priorities and daily living.} In that section, Chan quotes Roman 14:10-12 and then goes on to say:
What will people say about your life in heaven? Will people speak of God’s work and glory through you? And even more important, how will you answer the King when He says, “What did you do with what I gave you?”
That question. What did you do with what I gave you?

Wow.

I’m constantly overwhelmed by the overflow of blessings God continually pours out on me. He’s given me so much. And with all that He’s given me, how much have I really given back to His glory? I fall ashamedly short. But with that question begging in the back of my mind, I am going to take that challenge. I want to have a long long story to tell God someday when I meet Him of all the things I tried to do for His glory using what He gave me. And oh how I long to hear Him tell me “Well done my good and faithful servant.” I’m a long way away from deserving this compliment, but maybe someday I’ll get there.

Okay, enough heavy stuff for one post…on to the house! :)

I mentioned earlier in our to-do list from here to China that we realized it’s probably time to get a new mailbox. So, how about our first before & after shots at the house?



We also replaced the toilet in our guest bedroom. From this disgusting one…



































To this shiny & clean one.



































The floor, walls, sink, & light all need work, but at least the toilet’s much better!

P.S. do ya get the title? I crack myself up sometimes! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...