Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Peanut butter brownie bites.

For Christmas, Eugene bought me mini muffin pans off my list & I finally got the chance to use them. I wanted to make something nice to take to our new neighbors & this recipe made enough to take some to our Super Bowl party too. I found the recipe here, and didn’t really change anything. I did leave off the chocolate chips on some & actually liked them more without the chips. The recipe’s a simple one & good for last minute fixes because its ingredients are easy to keep on hand.

IMG_8605

Peanut Butter Brownies Bites
Makes 40 mini-brownies

1 box of your favorite brownie mix
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter

IMG_8593

How about those nice boomerang countertops in our kitchen?! Lovely.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease 40 mini-muffin cups.

Prepare boxed brownie mix as directed. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups. I used my cookie scoop to place the batter into the cups – worked well.

IMG_8595

IMG_8596

IMG_8597

Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly wet. After brownies are out of the oven, wait for centers to fall. This will happen upon cooling. If not then tap the centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole for the peanut butter.

IMG_8602

Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds then stir. 

IMG_8601

While brownies are still warm spoon about half a teaspoon of peanut butter into the center of each brownie. The recipe said to keep them in the pan this whole time, but I found it easier to remove them from the pan before adding my peanut butter {unlike the pic below.}

IMG_8603

Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Cool completely.

 IMG_8607

Confession: I ate probably 6 of these last night after dinner. And I enjoyed every one of them.

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...