Friday, April 8, 2011

Stuffed Pork Chops.

No baseball game last night, so I took advantage of the extra time to keep working away at painting our kitchen cabinets, and I finally got enough nerve to finish taking down the rest of the wallpaper in our bathroom. I’m not sure why it’s taken me so stinkin’ long to finish the 1/4 of a wall that was left in our bathroom {maybe it was the hideous wolves/evergreens that I was trying to avoid}, but, hallelujah, my bathroom is 100% wallpaper-free now!

IMG_0584

And since we didn’t have a baseball game until 9 pm last night, I was determined to have a “real” dinner – not cereal or sandwiches. So I made some stuffed pork chops that were super delish {if I do say so myself!}

IMG_0598 

It was pretty basic, just boxed stuffing & butterfly chops, but I added two ingredients that really made it a bit special.

Stuffed Pork Chops

Stuffing Mix
Butterfly Pork Chiops
Applesauce
Cinnamon
Italian Seasoning

IMG_0586
{Don’t freak out about the expiration date on the meat…they were frozen for a while, so it’s no biggy.}

I started preparing the stuffing according to the box on the stovetop. If I had more time & ingredients on hand I would have made my dad’s AMAZING stuffing {which has sausage, apples & other fab. ingredients}, but alas, boxed mix was all I could whip up.

IMG_0592

So while that was going, I started to prepare my chops by rubbing Italian Seasoning and cinnamon on them – both sides.

IMG_0587

I then added a dollop of applesauce on the pork & rubbed that in with the spices.

IMG_0590

Flipped ‘em over and did the same to the other side.

IMG_0588 

Then I simply stuffed them with a heap of stuffing, folded them over & placed them in my greased baking dish.

IMG_0594

I added my reaming stuffing all around the pork chops, covered the dish with foil and baked it for an hour at 350 degrees {until my pork measured 170 degrees & fully cooked.}

IMG_0596 

Eugene wanted corn with it, so we had a yellowish meal, but it was really good. Maybe its cause we’re so used to having cereal at 9:30 at night for dinner, but nonetheless, I’ll be making this again someday. :)

IMG_0599

P.S. Remember the all white uniform issue this week?  Well, Eugene sent a link to this picture to the website uniwatchblog.com & today they posted about it…

Northwestern High School Baseball Coach: “Because of a delay in getting our new uniforms, we wore white on the road on Tuesday, which left both teams in all-white unis.”

image

Eugene’s pretty pumped cause he reads that blog every day. {Hmm, why didn’t they mention the photographer’s name or say what an awesome wife that coach must have for standing in the freezing cold to take the picture for him?} ;)

My wondrous thing today is that I’ve made it to another Friday AND it’s a real Friday for me because I don’t have an event to work tomorrow. Praise the Lord! I really it when I don’t have to work the weekend.

signature4

Linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...