Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My most requested dish.

Every Christmas Eve breakfast, and many other occasions, I have received requests for this dish, and of all my recipes, it’s probably my favorite {or at least top 5}. Plus, it’s super easy. Enough build up for you? Okay, the dish is… Monkey Bread!

image

I first had this a long time ago while visiting my aunt in Michigan. I begged her to share the recipe, and years later I’m still making it all the time.

Now, there’s lots of monkey bread recipes out there, and I’ve tasted a good amount of varieties, but this recipe tops ‘em all. It’s absolutely delish, perfectly gooey, sweet, unhealthy, and melt-in-your-mouth goodness. My brother-in-law explained it to his little cousin as “candy for breakfast.”

I’ve made it a few times already since I started blogging my recipes to keep them all organized in one place, but I’ve never taken good pictures of the process. Still not great pics, but I’m tired of looking up the recipe each time, so it’ll have to work!

Monkey Bread

18 frozen parker house rolls
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 box of instant butterscotch pudding
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 stick of butter {don’t even try to substitute it…just deal with the fattening factor…it’s definitely worth it in this case}

IMG_7660

Sometimes it’s hard to find the right rolls at the grocery store. The rolls look like this baked normally…

image
Photo Source

But if you have to get regular frozen rolls {not the kind with 3 parts} or even if you have to use a frozen loaf of bread thawed and cut into pieces, it’ll still work.

Another nice factor, I usually make this the night before so it has all night to rise and then I can bake it right when I wake up & it’s ready for breakfast with no work that day.

Spray your Bundt pan with nonstick spray. Lay frozen biscuits around Bundt pan. Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and pudding mix.

IMG_7665

Sprinkle this mixture on top of your frozen rolls. {Remember, this pic shows a loaf of thawed bread dough cut into small pieces, but it’s best to have frozen rolls here.}

IMG_7672

Melt your stick of butter & pour the fatty goodness over the bread & sugar. {Did this make anyone else think of the song “Pour Some Sugar On Me”? Just me, okay.}

IMG_7671

IMG_7676

Loosely cover it with buttered saran wrap and let rise over night – no more than 8 hours. After it’s risen {probably almost above the top of the pan}, preheat your oven to 350°. Bake it for 20 minutes and prepare to be amazed. Flip upside down on platter very carefully and eat/devour it before it’s cooled.

IMG_7715

Oh, and go ahead and lick the plate afterwards because you won’t want to miss any of that melted sugary, buttery coating. {I won’t tell.}

signature3

1 comment:

  1. This looks soooo good! I can't wait to make it! Thank you for sharing this!
    Pam in Pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...