Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Remembering Jen.

We’re mourning the loss of Eugene’s aunt, Jen.

IMG_2287

I’ve mentioned her a couple times on this blog, showing pics of her visit this summer and also asking for prayer for her a couple of times. She had been battling various types of cancer for quite some time, and last week our hearts broke as she she passed away. We’re traveling to be at her calling hours and funeral service today.

In all honesty, Jen’s attitude was humbling to me. She lived her life without fear. She kept up with her two little boys, talked positively and realistically about her treatments and health, but never dwelled on it. She didn’t even bring it up on her own, only speaking of it when asked. Cancer didn’t rule Jen’s life – she did. She was such a generous giver. And was most humbling to me was that she wasn’t a complainer. She had every right to complain, and no one would have blamed her for it. But despite all the treatments, hair loss, threats to her life and her family, she didn’t complain. Yet something as insignificant as a bad day a work for me has me complaining without even thinking. She was amazing, really. A picture of strength. And I’m so thankful to have had the opportunity to know her and be a part of her family.

image

Please keep her boys & her family in your prayers this week. {Thank you.}

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
Ephesians 3:20 NLT

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...