Thursday, March 10, 2011

Praying with a friend.

It’s been so dreary here lately, raining all day and all night. Eugene’s been gone late into the evening coaching baseball, so I’ve been trying to keep busy with house projects when I get home from work. Yesterday, I was really feeling like I could use some quality time with my friend, Libby, to catch up with her and pray together. I’m in a constant state of deliberating about a particular decision I might be facing {vague, I know}, so the comfort of praying with a friend was just the pick-me-up I needed.

Not to mention, I got some cuddle time with the Griff man too. He’s grown quite a bit from his debut in January!

IMG_9618b

IMG_9638b

IMG_9631b 

Seriously, how precious is the picture below? Not staged at all, just real life momma & son love happening!

IMG_9639b

So we chatted together, shared our stresses, prayed for wisdom, direction, and peace for each other. Yes, friends are so good.

I got home around 8:45 pm & since Eugene was still gone, I decided to tackle the last of the gosh-awful dark maroon paint in the hallway.

IMG_9646

I only got one coat of primer on, but it’ll get there soon enough.

IMG_9652

This poor Ikea light moves with me to each of my project rooms. It’s like Waldo in all my pictures. It’s lightless in most of our rooms because we removed so many of our fixtures when we painted the ceilings. We really need to buy the new ones to replace them asap. Add it to the list. {Note the slight sarcasm there.}

Anyway, I’m thankful that my new move brought us way closer to our friends. Just a short 5 minute drive & I’m at Lib’s house. It’s a real blessing to have a prayer companion {and an adorable baby} just down the road. {Wondrous thing.}

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...