Monday, March 5, 2012

Snapshots from the weekend.

I just got an iphone for work. I take photos of some of our events for marketing purposes, so I figured I’d download the instagram app and play around with it to see how it works.

Here’s my weekend in snapshots…

image

A rainy drive home from work, tornados threatening on the news. Thankfully, we were safe. Rain turned to snow by Sunday. I’m a warm-weather gal, but sometimes I think raindrops are good for the soul. The calming, mellow, slow-down message spoken in the streaks of rain is just what I need some days.

image

This guy has been so sad this weekend. Seriously stresses me out and breaks my heart. He’s been really sick since Thursday. He struggles to eat and drink and has a sick stomach. Poor guy. I know it’s kind of weird to pray for a dog, but I would appreciate prayers that he gets better soon.

image

Eugene had a men’s evening at church, so I had a friend night at Lib’s. We spoiled ourselves with fresh salad, spinach & artichoke dip, sun chips, crackers, strawberry pretzel dessert and brownies. Sometimes when we get together I come to a weird realization that we’re getting old. We’re all grown up {well, at least some-what grown up.} But at the same time, it makes me happy to see that we still have our friendship. Life’s a lot different from high school – with husbands, houses, jobs and babies now. It’s been a real blessing to watch each other grow into our futures.

image

Oh, and I managed to squeeze in some quality time laying on the couch with Eugene. We’ve been watching old seasons of Friday Night Lights together. I’m loving the show, but to lay on the couch with my husband was my real wondrous thing. The sad, sick pup climbed on top of me, while I was on top of Eugene, {the long feet on Eugene’s chest are mine} and fell asleep. Poor pup.

image

This photo reminds me of one of my favorite children’s book, The Napping House.

image
image source

I loved that book so much. I need to make sure the little one has a copy of her own. :)

The weekend was a good one. Nothing exciting, no real house projects, no real work, just time with family and friends and at home. It was delightful.

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...