Thursday, March 8, 2012

Easter décor.

I swapped out my Valentine’s decorations for some Easter fun a couple weeks ago. I bought some basic plastic eggs after Easter last year, and planned to do some fancy craft with them. But let’s be honest, this year it wasn’t high on the priority list. So here’s the cheap-o eggs prettied up with some glass…

IMG_9647

IMG_9649

IMG_9650

IMG_9652

IMG_9651

And I threw the Easter eggs I made {the flops from last year} into a gold basket and called it good {for now} on the “mantle.” It definitely still needs more to spruce it up.

IMG_9654-horz

Oh, and in case you’re curious about how my DIY painted linoleum flooring is holding up, I have good news for ya. It’s in the same condition it was the day I finished…well minus some dirt & dog hair {just keepin’ it real here.}

IMG_9653

I think next time around I would pick a darker base color. I’ve found this color shows dirt easily, but it really doesn’t help that the pup tracks in a ton of mud from our yard that is still struggling from having our septic system replaced. All that said, I’m still happy with my DIY flooring solution. It saved us a bunch of moola, and it’s pretty practical until we decide we want to install “real” flooring.

I can’t believe Easter is coming up…this little one will be here before we know it! :)

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...