Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day get-togethers.

Sunday was a day of family and sunshine. Eugene and I went to Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday party for one of his little cousins. This is another of his cousins saying “hi” from the tube maze above us.

 SDC14509

Of course, Eugene & his brother had to dual it out in basketball {nineteen bagillion times.} We joked that he should have his 24th birthday party there too.

SDC14511 

From there, we went to another of his little cousin’s birthday party, but this one was outside with a potluck smorgasbord and a pool. A.mazing. I brought the cheesy potato casserole with the cornflake topping {made from scratch, not the frozen hash browns…I had a ton of potatoes to use up.} I enjoyed every second of the hot sun!

SDC14515

SDC14512The birthday girl & her sister opening gifts.

SDC14513

Monday, I spent time shopping the outlet malls with my mom. I didn’t buy myself anything, but scored two pair of dress pants for under $20 each for Eugene. Plus, they don’t need ironed…bonus!

We had another get-together Monday evening with our small group, “The Cleavers,” We played badmiton {sorry, Lib}, cornhole, tossed a football, and ate a ton of food.

SDC14517Good fellowship with good friends.

SDC14518 My best friend…love her!

SDC14520

The Cleavers. We’ve really enjoyed getting to know each other and grow in our marriages.

I loved the long weekend. And I’m thankful for all who served in the past and/or continue to serve our country. I’m blessed to have freedom, and I’m thankful for those who fought for it.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...