Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blank.

Last night, Eugene and I played volleyball at Southgate with our "Cleaver's" Small Group. It was fun, and I was surprisingly happy with how little my stitches hurt diving and blocking and jumping. Libby was there, and we giggled the entire time like little school girls. I enjoyed it {so much}! I also tried a new recipe for dinner last night. When I make things, I usually google it and read about 5 recipes, then go home and create my own version using what I read. We had Turkey Crescent Roll-Ups:
  • 1 can of reduced fat crescent rolls
  • 8 slices of turkey lunchmeat
  • some cream cheese (no idea how much)
  • some southwest mustard
  • some regular mustard
I just mixed the cream cheese and mustards together, spread it on the crescent rolls, placed a piece of turkey on each roll, and rolled them up. Baked at 375 degrees for around 17 minutes. And I must say, they turned out pretty darn good. I think I might like them with ham or more meat next time. I also think it'd be good with motz. cheese and pepperoni, dipped in pizza sauce. :) I slacked at my new blogger duties and didn't remember to take a picture, but this is what they kind of looked like (minus the soup):




Right now, I'm feeling - well - blank. I don't know why, but I have these days. I'm overwhelmed just thinking about God right now. I think, when He pours out a blessing so obvious as yesterday's, I get just completely humbled. I feel so unworthy, I can't even hardly put two words together to say, "thank you." And as I sit here at my computer, I just feel blank. I don't really have anything to phrase today. I'm just thinking. A lot.


Eugene and I have faced so much change this past year, that I don't even really know what to pray anymore. My fall-back requests have been simply, "God, be big, be here, and keep taking care of us." It's all I've got. It's a daily challenge to force myself to keep swallowing the fact that I cannot hold it all together. I'm listening to Chris Tomlin's "Forever": Forever God is Faithful, Forever God is Strong, Forever God is with us, Forever and ever. Sing praise!" Yup, that pretty much sums it up!


I'll end with something that really spoke to me in Sunday's worship: Be still my soul, in every change, Thy faithfulness will remain. He proves it over and over to me.

xoxo,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...